In-person consultations

Back from Korea!

Okay, so this trip had a really bad start. My plane got delayed so I had to try and switch all my consultations to the next day last minute. When I finally arrived in Korea the airline forgot to put my suitcase on the plane...so all I had was my carry on.

They delivered my suitcase to me the next day (at midnight) but still, I had to do the consultations in my dirty travel clothes!!


1) LIFE Plastic Surgery

As mentioned previously LIFE was my first choice. My appointment was at 10 but I got lost (a taxi driver actually dropped me off at the wrong spot) I should have just used the subway from the beginning, anyway I finally reached but just my luck their English consultant isn't there anymore. Since my appointment got delayed, and it wasn't guaranteed I would make it to this one either, they didn't have time to find a temporary consultant for me.



LIFE's lobby was quite nice looking. Very modern and simple, not too showy/grand. There's these two girls that work there who look REALLY good, much better looking than the other girls I met at other clinics. They could honestly be members of a high tier girl group I was a lil enamored ok! So since there was no English consultant many awkward moments happened, but we managed. After filling out some forms I was led to another room where my consultation took place.

My situation was a bit unique since I actually did my entire consultation with Dr Kim himself. His English is pretty good, definitely not fluent but he can at least understand you. I'm actually surprised he understood me so well since I wasn't even that clear myself (after all the shit that happened before I was honestly over the entire trip)

He would be the one performing all the surgeries I requested (alar reduction, tip-plasty, minor lip reduction and chin implant). He tried his best to explain them all to me in detail, and took the time to touch my nose and stuff when we go to the rhinoplasty.

We then talked price, it's common for clinics to base their price off quotes from other clinics but since LIFE was my first one for the day they just gave me a general number, which was actually really good. I appreciate that they didn't give me a hugely inflated number like DREAM. Then without barely even having to say anything they lowered it by 1 million won. I think he felt really bad for me after my flight got delayed, suitcase went missing and getting lost this morning lol..

Ignoring the price I really liked Dr Kim as a person. I didn't understand how meticulous and realistic he was until I visited some other doctors. One example was my chin implant. Other clinics kept telling me how simple the surgery would be and how after everything my chin would line up perfectly with my face. Dr Kim was the only one to flat out say that's not possible. He also noticed that I had some scar tissue on my chin which I received from an accident as a child, and said he would get rid of it at the same time. Again, none of the other doctors mentioned anything about scar tissue. Lastly, he said that my chin was slightly asymmetrical and he'll do his best do make it perfectly straight but it will be difficult.


Looking at my chin now ~spoilers~ I went with LIFE ~spoilers~ he did a great job.

I then headed to clinic #2 Dream

The Dream building was really nice, much bigger than LIFE. If I remember correctly it had 10 floors? I went to the front desk and the lady there called the English consultant Daphne. There was a new English consultant following Daphne around since she was training, it was only her 2nd day! Both Daphne and the new girl were amazing, they made me feel really comfortable and answered all my questions.

They led me into a waiting room where I filled out some forms and waited for my consultation. Just like the building the waiting room was really nice. Comfy and private seating everywhere plus it was large. There was quite a few people already there when I came in.

Before talking with the doctors I had a meeting with this lady, Ms Lee. I learned later that you talk prices and stuff with her. We went over the procedures I wanted done and she showed me some before and after pictures. I guess they just wanted to kill some time until the surgeons were ready for my consultation.

I was finally taken in to see Dr Kim Hyeon-seok for my chin. It was pretty straight forward, he just asked me what I wanted done and told me the basic procedure for chin implant. What I found interesting was that he and Ms Lee (during the chat before) kept stressing how simple the surgery was, and that was completely opposite of what Dr. Kim said. None of them mentioned the scar tissue on my chin or that it was slightly asymmetrical.

I then consulted with Dr Jeong for my nose. He was friendly and listened to my concerns. They highly recommended that have a lateral osteotomy along with the alar reduction and tip-plasty. I wasn't sure if I really needed the lateral, I would rather go back and get more stuff done then get TOO much done at once and try to reverse it.

I don't think they offer lip reduction surgery. When I tried to inquire about it they made a lot of excuses and tried to avoid the subject like 1) they go for very natural results and I really don't need it 2) lip reduction surgery is extremely painful etc.

and I'm just like ok but don't you guys offer 2 jaw surgery...

they could have just said they don't offer it or the surgeons don't have much experience with it.

anyway

I then went back to Ms Lee where we talked prices. For the Nose and Chin I was quoted just over 10 million won. I didn't even bother trying to bargain since I already decided I wasn't gonna go with Dream.

My consultation experience at Dream was okay, I really didn't like their response towards my chin though and trying to upsell me on getting more stuff done to my nose. Wasn't a fan of the excuses about the lip surgery either, I also didn't get to see Dr. Park who I requested months in advance. I had 0 knowledge about the two doctors I consulted with. Daphne and the girl training were easily the highlights.

#3 JW


I'll just avoid filler stuff about the building and stuff and talk about the consultation itself.

Dr. Suh was really really good. All the positive reviews I read about him were completly true. He listened to everything I said, thoroughly explained everything, and was very realistic. When we got to my chin he also mentioned how my chin was slightly asymmetrical, really glad he caught that. No mention of the scar tissue though.

I then went to talk about pricing with the English consultant. She knew I had visited many clinics before and gave me a very good price, around 5.5 mil for nose, chin lips (my LIFE quote was 4.6 million won). I probably could have bargained down a bit but I was still comfortable with that price so I said it was fine and would let them know on my decision shortly.

Deciding between LIFE and JW was so difficult, in a perfect world I'd have both of them do my procedures but I ultimately went with LIFE.

When I returned to LIFE they took my pictures and finalized my surgery date. I also had to pay a small deposit fee, only 10% of the surgery cost.

The real countdown could finally begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment